Friday, July 9, 2010

Casting for FEATURE FILM Comedy






DIXIE PRODUCTIONS is casting for JUNK STORE, a feature film comedy about a Mother and Son's junk store in a small ghost town. A modern day SANFORD AND SON comedy in a CLERKS style, JUNK STORE begins shooting this month in Missouri. Meals, copy and credit. There is deferred pay. Seeking all ages and types. Email submissions to: junkfeaturefilm@yahoo.com

You can also follow us on MYSPACE and FACEBOOK


CHARACTER BREAKDOWN:


THE SLUT: Female, 20-30

THE AUCTIONEER: Male, 40-55

THE NOSY NEIGHBOR: Female, 30-50

FATSO: Extremely overweight, 25-50

THE MEXICAN: Male,30-50

THE LONELY GUY: Male, thin, 40-50

THE CRIPPLE: Wheelchair bound, 40-50

OLD FART: Male, 60-80

THE OLD HAG: Female, 60-80

SENIOR CITIZENS: All types, 50-70

THE BEAUTICIAN: Female, 30-50

THE BUM: Male, 30-50

THE DOPER: Male, 20-30

THE QUEER: Male, married, 40-55

THE QUEER'S WIFE: Female, 40-55

EXTRAS: All ages and types for locals

14 comments:

  1. Where can we get a view of the script....

    ReplyDelete
  2. is travel or room and board provided?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your email. I'm definitely interested. As mentioned in other comments, where can I see the script, and what type of compensation/travel/board/expenses will be provided?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Daniel Evich. What kind of compensation/travel/board/expenses will I receive? I am interested in auditioning but I am currently low on funds. In what city are the auditions taking place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my own money for expenses. I want a hard juicy character and a copy of the film. Hell I'll help you promote it.
    www.adamjohnford.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a lot of fun, I love the Clerks concept of it being in Black and White is a novel idea! So yes I'm definitely interested but like everyone else I'm curious as to where the script is and what the plan is for travel and room/board....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like fun. But unfortunately like everyone previously stated I'd love to know the details and see a copy of the script.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting... thank you for the email. Yes....Would love to see the script!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd really like to play one of the characters. It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not connected to the project in any way, but for the sake of the 10 actors who commented above, who apparently can't read. "There is deferred pay." which means, you only get paid if they get paid... As in the movie gets picked up for distribution by a bigger production company or distributor.... It could happen, but don't hold your breath. Other than that, the only thing you can expect other than copy and credit is a free lunch. So, unless you're planning a trip to Missouri anyways, you better love the project and join out of your love for the art, because fiscal compensation is probably not in the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raymond Allen Burlew III here!send more info.please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where and when is the audition?

    ReplyDelete
  13. ruth blandford said

    I am definately interested. Please send more info

    ReplyDelete